The vast majority of “Christian” books in legal circulation in China lack Biblical, Reformed content.
With over 1.2 billion people living in China, the need for biblically sound books is truly great. We have seen this need as a particular “Come over and Help” to our organization from the people in China. We continue to attempt to reach with the literature as many of the people in China as possible. We may humbly acknowledge the Lord for the many doors that He has opened.
Publishing and distributing biblically sound books in the Chinese language remains the core work of Hudson Taylor Ministries.
The translation, publishing, and distribution efforts can be placed into 5 main categories.
- Creeds, Confessions, and Catechisms. Our forefathers saw the importance of putting together basic statements of our faith in the form of Creeds, Confessions and Catechisms. It is our desire to pass along these statements of what we believe to the Chinese people.
- Comprehensive systematic theology. There was an absence in China of a comprehensive systematic theology from a reformed Biblical perspective. One such systematic theology was chosen to be translated into the Chinese language.
- Children’s Bible. There is a desire in the hearts of our board to reach the youth in China. We also have felt the need of parents in China to be given resources to help train and raise their children. A children’s Bible was selected to be translated and distributed in China to help fill an area of great need.
- Reformed study Bible. A Study Bible was chosen for its devotional insight into the scriptures.
- Reformed books. Several books of our forefathers have been translated, published and distributed in China.
The Lord has blessed our countries with a rich abundance of books that proclaim and explain the truths found in God’s word. We have witnessed a hunger for such books from many thousands of the Chinese people. We hope and pray we will be used by God to offer provision for this hunger through the publishing and distribution of these types of books in the Chinese language.